How is Calcutta treating me?? its boring. Actually i m bored. I hardly have any friends here in Calcutta. Hardly two of them. I cant even leave mom and go out and I can’t go out everywhere with mom. She doesn’t like any thing else than Indian food and i am person who loves trying different thing. i love Italian food. yummmy Pasta and sizzlers. But ma! she even has problems with Indian food restaurant. It Has to be PURE VEG Restaurant. Dhuuuu
I am feeling more day as my birthday is nearing. I had been celebrating my birthday out side home in Bangalore for long yrs. It’s always spent partying hard, treats in some good restaurant, cutting more than one cakes, Bouquets etc.
This time I’m scared. There are hardly friends in Calcutta. Only thing that is possible is go out for dinner at night with my geene chune friends and mom :(
BTW I had been thinking about old people who are widows. I see my Grand dad and I wonder he must be missing my Granny so much at times. I lost my granny when I was three years old. so its must have been like 19 years my grand dad is living as a window. I think old people do misses their mates in old times too. Now i see him, quiet, thinking something and lying on his bed, looking at people to passes by his room. Sad thing is who one spends much time with him as he is very short tempered and we generally don’t understand what he talks, due to old age he’s doesn’t talk clearly. and when we ask him to repeat what we don’t understand he gets angry. :(
If we talk to old people about their lost spouse they generally don’t have much to say but inside deep in their heart they miss them. I wonder if they actually stop missing the lost one with passage of time or do they think what if he / she was alive today?? A friend of mine asks her granny – what she used to talk to her grand dad during their initial days of marriage? She didnt say much. All she replied in cute tome was that they didnt speak much. Being a marwari she wasn’t even allowed to raise dupatta from her forehead and look into eyes of her husbands. Thank god all this drama doesn’t happen these days.
One point of time either of us have to go through this stage. Imagine!!!
It must be so difficult as our spouse will be the only people who will understand us in our old times. There will be generation gaps with the young ones when we grow old.
All this thoughts keeps me wondering. :-|
P.S. if you are drunk with thoughts when is my B’day its nearing :P 4th Feb
24 comments:
Hey first about your new template.It doesn't seem to be loading well and I had to try hard to even to post this comment.Do something about it please.
Hmmm,I had the same birthday this year,being alone and now I regret it much.Do plan out something lest you feel bad about it later.
Gosh!I thought only I had parents who refused to eat anywhere that wasn't pure vegetarian.
heyy Welcome back..
Well in calcutta fish is considered vegetarian and no wonder your mom is reluctant to eat out..
Yes its kind of scary to imagine to follow age old customs like our elders..
incidentally i just wrote that one should cherish every moment with our family & friends..I guess its ok if you dont understand what ur grandpa speaks but as long as he realizes you are listening it will give him his solace
nice post...even i wonder how old people manage. im gonna do a terrible job when im old :(
u can simply sit wid ur grandpa n give him company even though u cant understand wat he speaks...they need the love n affection more when they dont hv their spouse :((
arre ur birthday will rock..jai ho gaurav....
ur mom is so fussy abt food kya? :O
hey btw the grey thingy template looks good but comments arent seen that clearly... :-w
that was very heart touching post n well written one
Regards
Hey,
I'm saddened to hear that you find it boring there...
But do hold on, dear.
I'm sure you'll make friends soon.
:)
Give it some time.
:)
Don't be sacred.
And do stay in touch.
:)
Ps.
Your b'day will be special.
:)
Hey,
I'm saddened to hear that you find it boring there...
But do hold on, dear.
I'm sure you'll make friends soon.
:)
Give it some time.
:)
Don't be sacred.
And do stay in touch.
:)
Ps.
Your b'day will be special.
:)
phewwwwww !!
i had a hard tym in finding out the this comment section ...it's not going well wid ur backgrnd i guess :-w
anyways nice post, i dunno wat to say even i have seen my grandmom like that :(
and kolkats is gud ..jus explore it wid ur giney chuney frnd :D and take ur mom along wid u \:d/
hey wat happened to ur template?????
it was so awesome...i was in love wid it
nice new look..
gud.. new home.. new blog..!!
Every1 gets old sumday or the other but if we start getting tensed over that.. we will loose our jawani.. jawani.. haaye allah!
nice post....
really touching... loved it....
Nice post.
and y template bhi mast leg reha hai.:)
Kal se try kar rahi hun aur ab jaakey tera blog khulaa...uhuh!
Aur 30 mins lagey comment box dhoondney mein...hehe...
Bachchi...dont lose heart...akeley hain toh kya gam hain...chaahey toh humaarey bas mein kya nahi... :)
Khoob enjoy karna...and imagine me dancing balley balley...hehe...saari happiness aa jaayegi...
:D
As for the post, my nanaji lost nani almost 10 yrs back and it is still tuff for him... I know... :(
Such posts made me sad always. Anyway, happy birthday in advance.
And please please enjoy with what you have not what you dont have.
Cheers !!! Cheers !!! Cheers !!!
comment check. 1-2-3
hey many happy returns of the day
the template is cool...
and wish u a very happy bday.. :)
may all ur desires r fulfilled in the years to come...
keep rocking...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Happy Singh aur Rustam ki taraf se Happy Birthday :)
Hmm... btw first thing first... wish you a fab birthday mate!!
coming back to ur post.. never thot abt this old age stuff ... while i give it a thought i found that how miserable a lifetime would be if you loose your better half so early in the journey... but i think its really difficult for widow or even widower to find a new partner.. isn't it?
btw kolkata is known for some amazingly made sea food.. and mishti doi...
(are sizzlers Italian? )
Happpppy Buddddayyyy!
:P
:)
:D
Celebrations ahoy
:)
You have a dedication waiting for you at my blog
:)
Jus now finished reading your last post and noticed that its Feb 4rth today!! I know I am late but still HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :) Hope you had a nice day with your mom and gheene chunne friends :)
awww.. I know how bangaloorians feel when they're forced to shift!!
Hope you had a nice budday atleast!
Belated budday wishes!
Ohhhh Belated Happy B'day Girl!!! Hope U had a rockking one... it was a lovely write up... Have relocated a lotsa times and spent some lonely B'days myself...I really loved the write up on ur Grandpa...it was touching...
write more often :)
PS. I have started posting smaller posts after your comment on my patience to write a long post ;) lol
Post a Comment