Saturday, August 16, 2008

She...

A very close of mine, Anu (name changed). A very fun loving girl who does not have any set of rules to live her life (unless she was married). She was like a free bird though she belonged to a little conservative family. Like other Indian, being the elder most daughter of the family she had to give away her freedom and get married right after college was over (so she got married in age 23 which I think is too early for girls). She is a brave girl. She adopts changes easily and takes life as it comes. She didn’t argue on the topic of marriage with her family cause she knew there is no choice left. Her grandparents were not well and father too was not sound in health. She also had to think of three more sisters after her.


Most the supplies needed for her marriage were ordered by her. It was like she was arranging her own marriage, being her own mother (as her mother had to take care of her ill father), who didn’t have any time left to dream about her future husband.


Like other gals Anu was excited about her marriage. She got married and after a month she told me she is pregnant. I thought she was just joking.. how would she knew she was pregnant in just one month and sure she isn’t duffer to think about the baby so soon.. . She was just a kid and her future will be ruined if she didn’t abort the kid. I asked her if she met a doctor regarding this issue and she replied saying that she did a self pregnancy test at home and knew she it was positive.


She told me that on first four days after marriage they didn’t use precaution, so might be during those days... I was angrier on her husband than on her. Female still doesn’t have much say, or let’s say they are shy and hesitant to talk such stuff when it is arrange marriage. Didn’t her husband have sense?? Of course, after all, the pain has to be gone through by Anu and not him. Imagine on her first anniversary of her marriage she will be with her kid in her arms. Apparently abortion was a choice giver to her by her in-laws, it’s any way risky.


She hasn’t gone for her honeymoon yet. All time her husband can afford to spend with her is at night. Her mother in law doesn’t keep a maid and she has to take care of all the household work, washing, cleaning everything. Thank god she gets two hours to rest in evening. I feel so bad for her. I wish I could do something to make her life better. All I can do is being with her when she is low, share her feelings. She tells me none of her friend is giving her time, all are changed. Well indeed people changes as their priority changes with change in time. I hate to see her profile name as “life sucks....”


P.s - Things I hate about it is the elder son or daughter always need to compromise, perhaps the younger siblings are the luckier one.


People know everything about safe sex but yet they are so foolish in their own case. For the enjoyment of some minutes they ruin their whole future.


I wish India and other country as well had restriction is number of births per family. I think two would be fine. There are still some family where a couple already have three daughters and still think of one more trail in want of a son.

1 comment:

Sinner said...

Good you brought that up...else I was about to write abt it...Anu is not the only unfortunate person..
You know what, I was giving a session on the usage and importance of precaution to a bunch of men in my last office as part of AIDS Awareness programme and they did not hesitate to tell me that they avoid protection for the sake of pleasure...BULLSHIT!!
I have a story to share and I will share it soon with you Nidhi...
Gal! me n u think alike most of the times.. ;)
I hope Anu will someday stand up for herself...It feels so bad to see someone gud enuff spoiling their lives like this...but itz not her choice...and as u said she HAD to get married... :(
I wish her strength and confidence to cope up with this and stand up for herself.
And for the guy, someone needs to hit him where it hurts the most...how can someone educated enuff not be sensitive to another human being...and itz not abt education...itz abt basic common sense...anyways! all me n u can do is wish her well coz to bear with it or not is her decision entirely...
U can just be there for her always...n am glad u r... U r a gr8 gal!!
Don't mind my spells, i m too touched by her story...I had to post my comments right away...