Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Word web

My cousin, who is studying in NIFT said she is given a project in which she needs to Plot web of words.

The topic was Bird

When I say bird what comes to your mind?  She asked.

I thought it will be fun to tell her what I think. We started writing on a piece of paper. It was more like thought clouds cause the imagination didn't end just there. We also had to think of words which relates to word that relates to bird.

E.g..

Bird reminds of sky, sky reminds of stars, stars reminds of twinkle.

Words that can relate bird can be -  aim, wings, feather, freedom, sounds of chirping,  dawn, music, togetherness and so on.

When I gave her words my sis too joined to help my cousin with her project.

The words she gave was very different than words I said. I think its difference in thinking and imagination.

17 comments:

Sneha Shrivastava said...

Sounds Interesting.:)

Amrita~Ams said...

hmm...everyone thinks diff..
well we use to play this as a game in our PD lectures just to increase vocab. power ...
interesting bird ;)

Lucifer said...

i like these kinda lateral thinkin exercises...can really help individuals n is ana amzin psychological tool

Trinaa said...

birds remind me of wings..wings remind me of flying..flying reminds me of success..success reminds me that i need to study d exam 2moro! :P

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

we used to play this game wen I was in class 1 or 2...

Pallav said...

hey!!! this is intersting...
Bird reminds of sky, sky reminds of stars, stars reminds of twinkle..
Twinkle reminds me this is my other name...
Cheersss...

Rushabhh Gandhi said...

Collective efforts always pay good!

peter said...

drink reminds me nidhi which reminds me fun which reminds me internet which reminds me blogs which reminds me blog vibes which reminds me myself ;)

hows that ?

MJ said...

@Nidhi...intresting indeed :) this is called mind mapping.you can use for bloggin also.take a post and see if u can extend a explain sum part of it indepth or think abt pro's and con's of the topic or use analogies

@Peter :nowadays drinks remind me "Bloggers on the Menu" :P

Mads said...

:D nice post this one...
birds= freedom..all the way !! gimme wings to fly !!! really nice and innovative exercises there....wish they gave such exercises for law students :'(


and sad sad phase on blogs? yeah i guess :( nice dedication to all sad bloggers :D :D

BIG Omi said...

Birds make me think of nests, unity, discipline and beautiful and beautiful reminds me of .... U :)

Take care.. Nice Exercise..

BIG Omi said...

Nidhi u knw u r full on life... Just saw ur dedication and guess what ' I am S.M.I.L.I.N.G :)

Nikhil Menon said...

Birds--wings,freedom,bliss!!

How I wish I was one now..!! :( Nice one nidzzyy.. :)

Take care.. :)

Nikhil

Gunjan said...

Birds-such tiny colourful creatures,how they build their nest with utmost precision,perseverance and hardwork.Never giving up and starting all over again without lamenting even if it is destroyed by a ghostly wind.Free spirited,soaring high in the sky,foraging and coming back to their roots at the end of the day.

Unknown said...

Bird reminds me of freedom, high spirit and beauty :)
Yes it is all in the imagination. Infact some HRs use it to associate your psyche to the kind of words you think when you hear some cue like this word-bird.

Just being curious, what did your cousin think of about this?

Dutta said...

Bird reminds me of Watching ... now I have to stop here, other wise this devils workshop can churn out some stuff :P

It is really a interesting and highly enjoyable thing to do ..

Me said...

U have a wonderful thought process Niddzzi.