Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pets Pets Pets

By date I have adopted four dogs. I never knew I would be interested in fishes since my bro asked me to take care of his aquarium since he was leaving B’lore.

It without a doubt added smile on my face. I thought it was a lovely gift. I learnt how to clean the aquarium and what food to buy for them. Its known that watching fishes is a stress buster. ;)

I used to wake up early to feed fishes on time. Mostly I had gold fishes as but managing gold fish is not easy as they can’t stand dirty water.

After a year a friend gifted me two turtles, small ones. Yes I knew turtle is also a pet since my bro too had turtle (I think our family is a pet lovers). I kept the turtle in a big aquarium in RD’s flat as I didn’t have space in my PG. RD’s roomie, Rahul, whom I call brother, also had a turtle which was bigger in size.. I kept my two baby turtles with his big one. Later I realised the big turtle killed the smaller one and Chotu (my one and only living turtle) managed to survive. Chotu is now adopted by my friend's friend since I m not in Bangalore to take care of it but I keep updates. Chotu is very happy. He recognises his names (I never knew turtle knows their name). Through the conversation in facebook I got to know my turtle was a male. I always felt it was female. Or else I had to change the name to choti ;)

Here is a pic of Chotu.

Here are some of the comments I copied from facebook after someone tagged on chotu’s pic.

Shreya Tulsyan (Bishop Cotton School) wrote
at 5:05pm on June 3rd, 2008
awwwwwwwwwwwwww i miss my tultul.......

Deepti Majithia (India) wrote
at 5:08pm on June 3rd, 2008
wad do u mean u miss ur tultul? u jus met him yesterday..... :O

Shreya Sarawagi wrote
at 5:18pm on June 3rd, 2008
but his scratchin sounds dont disturb us anymore

Nidhi Agrawal wrote
at 5:28pm on June 3rd, 2008
wht scratching sound?????

Nidhi Agrawal wrote
at 5:29pm on June 3rd, 2008
ahh u miss chotu so much so mice to see him/her again.. hey u guys knw if its him/her??

Shreya Tulsyan (Bishop Cotton School) wrote
at 5:31pm on June 3rd, 2008
its him.....................

Shreya Tulsyan (Bishop Cotton School) wrote
at 5:32pm on June 3rd, 2008
deep.....................thoda sds haq th hai na?

Shally Sarawagi wrote
at 5:40pm on June 3rd, 2008
its a him.. we checked out his features on the net..

Shreya Sarawagi wrote
at 5:49pm on June 3rd, 2008
he used to scratch the sides of the kfc box....
always wanted 2 run

Shally Sarawagi wrote
at 5:56pm on June 3rd, 2008
we'll build him a house with a swimming pool

Swati Agarwal (India) wrote
at 6:41pm on June 3rd, 2008
i'm missin chottu a lot....though he hates me..he..he..he

Shally Sarawagi wrote
at 7:30pm on June 3rd, 2008
no he doesnt.. awww..

Matea Brucic wrote
at 3:24pm on July 27th, 2008
Awww I had once a turtle like this,but mine was a gurl... :P
I think it`s the trick with the red culur on the hed..males have them and females not...I think..


What ya say??



16 comments:

Mads said...

i nearly closed the window coz the first line was abt dogs... :-|

thank God the post was abt sweet turtles who don't bite and snarl and come chasing after u :-| :D

anyway chotu is cute n small... :O usually people go ga-ga over dogs (YUCK!) and cats and fishes...first one i've seen abt turtles :D :D

Me said...

First of all, you look HOT in the pic girlie :)

And yeah! I love pets too... we had turtles in our last office...and I was always fun to watch them play...

we had an aquarium at home when I was a kid...but now am more of a dog person...

Chotu is a cute kiddo...hehehehe...


@MADS
Madzzzzzie... Dogs bhi achchey hotey hain :(
Haina! Niddzzi...kuch toh bolo dogs ke liye...uhuh!

Hehe...Mads seems to hate dogs a lot... :)

SM said...

hi

nice you like fishes ,so just wanted to know if you are non veg,do you eat fish while eating fish do you remembere your own fish

dogs are also best friends

see you later
mitesh

http://realityviews.blogspot.com/

Nidz said...

@sm - i dont eat fishes. and m a chikiterian.. hehe

@harshu and mads- dogs are amzing creatures.. at least they dont change with time and space.

Nidz said...

@Harshu- thanks for the pic comments. its my diwali pic :) guess what i went down the lane to buy a jeans for me and every were staring at me.. i didnt give a damn

Anonymous said...

Hey Mads, u r not alone in ur hate dogs thing...Count me in tooo...I am kinda scared of dogs big time.....YYYEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW, i squeal on their sight and look for a safe place when a dog lingers around....

i have had one freakish dog bite and a couple of accidents when the bloody dog stuck in the front wheel of once a scooter n a bike later....

during first bite i was in my final year and was looking for project training, i had to limp back home somehow, get dressed the wound and next day again begin the hunt for project limping on scooter....

and guess wut both times i fell the dog escaped and i was on road....Hell i was told by doc to keep watch on dog after he bit me for a week........As if i didnt have nethin more interestin stuff to do :(

Since then i stay a mile away from dog and even while riding a bike i can spot a dog door se..........

cant even think of pettin a dog or living with it......sorry if i hurt the feelings of dog lovers, but they tend to hurt me more......

And when a dog comes arnd to lick me when i go to any place with pet dogs, i panic and first thing i do is to ask the person to take dog away from me........

Wormy said...

awwww.. its choooo chweeet. Never had the opportunity to keep a REAL tultul at home. my parents would kick my ass! :P

Had one at my friend's place, but I was tooo scared to touch it :D

I've heard they bite? is it?

Sandeep Balan said...

hey....chotu is way too cute....the very fact tht chotu survived adds up....sweet post....its always a pleasure to read posts which come straight from the heart....it happens rarely tht u leave a blog smiling....i have a big one on my face right now....cheers...

Phoenix said...

i loooove dogs but mom wont le me have.. she says she ll be my dog n bark when i tell her to, but will not have dogs!! :9

Think Tank said...

woooow ..mera prob is same as phoenix ..and aquatic pets arev really not my type..tho chutu is cute

Nidz said...

@buzz- m so sorry to hear tht.. such a sad thing happened with u,..
i dont knw m more laughing than feeling sad after reading ur comment .. :)

Anonymous said...

yeah nidhz, its hillarious than being sad.....its fyn....

Hemanth Potluri said...

first timer here :)....and lovely post..chotu is soo chotu and cuteeee..:)....

urs..hemu..

Cяystal said...

Awwww..I love dogggieesss..they're like the cuddliest creatures available on earth! :))
and chotu is so cute...i wsh i could really see it.
Btw..what do turtles eat?

Mysterious Mia said...

hey kaisi ho?

sorry dear, here after a long time as i was flat out busy....hope sab changa hai.

well guess what i had gold fish too n tutles too i dont have any pets now...but u remimded me of those days....i wanna have fish n tutles again but my folks wudnt let me.....

anyways take care of yurself n see ya soon....

tinkerbell said...

aaaw isnt he an adorable lil thing...id gifted mum fishes too.. but b4 i knew they were gone :(.. like dogs only from a distant, find rham really dirty unhygeinic lil things (there goes the doctor in me !! )... i do have pet budgies though.. love them loads...