Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Walking Backward

Remembrance of old times..

If I were the same small baby born, my dad would pick me up and hold me in his hands. I could fit very well in those hands which hungered to hold me. He gazed into my eyes and tried to read my mind, tried to feel what I was feeling, tried to observe what I was going through. When I cried he got hurt too. I could not hide my cries from him as I was a small born baby. He tried his best to cheer me up. Raised me in air and made me face the new world with new difficulties. He would stare into my eyes, pressed me lips with his finger. He would wake up in middle of the night to check if I was fine..

I wish I could be the same baby and dad would have time to all that. Difference now is I am grown up but I guess I’m still the same old dad's gal.

3 comments:

Aevi said...

a really nice piece...

Rambler said...

oh you definitely are..any doubts then just try to talk to your dad..am sure you would be convinced after that :)

Nidz said...

@ Abhinav - Thanks Abhi for the comments

@ Rambler - Thanks for the comments. I think my dad will say that i am grown up now and that he has other priorities then pampering me