It started with the first class where I was sitting on the corner most seats all by myself. It felt like a foreign world to me. I had always been a simple girl till class 12 a tomboy kind. So I by no means knew how to dress up in fashionable attire. I liked my uniform and was glad I didn’t have to fritter away time on choosing what to were. The panorama in college was like chalk and cheese. Girls with so much make up, and stunning dressing, long ear rings, tight fitting clothes, and giggles in the class till the teacher arrives. A gal was observing me and asked the reason to sit alone. I had no reply to that. She sat next to me and rest of the days moved on with actually no class but introduction of teachers.
Third year of my college were awesome, the most memorable moments of my life. My knew paying guest (pg) was just next to my college. So I just had to wake up brush my teeth fit into a jean with a top and go to college. In the end of second year of my college I got to know this great girl Shally and Fiona. They were like my best friends; I had a different set of friends to hang out with. They were localities and it was tremendous fun to be with them. We used to bunk classes and go to watch movies, eat outside.
During the second year I started partying. It was incredible as I had always been a musical person. I loved the hip hop tracks and later my preference of songs changed to house music. Most of the weekend Shally used to plan up for some party, call me up if I wanted to go and I was always geared up to hit the dance floor.. Many times we landed up paying the entry fees and other times we were lucky to get free entry.
The early party days were careless night with no makeup on. Just an ordinary top (not the girlish type), jeans and our ever rocking “All Star” shoes. Shally used to wear cap which gave the impression of being more appealing and striking.
Coming back to class ... but before that let me give you few details. I and Shally were bunking partners. We belonged to same pg but she stayed in first floor and I was put up in second. She used to give me miss calls when she was done dressing and used to wait for me in ground floor. I used to join her and we used to go to college together. Now here it goes >>> we used to bunk income tax which used to be our first class. Fiona and other girls always helped us with proxy. We were blessed adding to that astounded to see that we had the maximum attendance at the end of the semester in income tax. Lols.
I never did my assignment myself. I always lingered for others to finish with it so that I could copy from others. My whole group did the same. No hard word. Habituated relying on the last day to finish up projects and it was fun. Fiona used to always get us updated with what happened in class. She was like an angel. At times she used to get angry cause of our behaviours and daily routine of bunking but after all she was a friend. She conducted herself more like an elder sister than a friend.
I and Shally once got caught in Raghu sir’s class because we were chit chatting scribbling on our note books. It started from the commencement of his class. Not a word taken down on the subject. We were busy chatting and couldn’t stop laughing at the comments and topic we were writing on the notebook. We wrote and laughed at our own crap. Once we were drawing in different end of the same paper and we were shocked to see we drew same stuff. It was a danger sign. Don’t know how at times we tend to think same and do things similar. Raghu sir who never ever laughs at the end of the class asked us on what topic was he teaching. We had no reply. Shamelessly we put our heads down with no regrets in our heart as we still were thinking of the crap we were chatting about. ( I remember I asked her what did she think G means In G spot and she replied to that .. (trying to be funny).. “Gas Spot”) and I laughed to that for half an hour. It used to be comical to see Raghu sir’s smile once in a blue moon. It was like an ice breaker.
I used to read Cosmo Politian magazine in class, time and again read novel covering it with a course book for the fear of not getting caught. I was the last person to find my own calculator in class. My calci used to be in somebody’s hand when I needed it the most. The class was full of borrower and beggars. With the further division in third year our class had less numbers of students around 50 I guess, it was 108 in first year, still we hardly new half of our class mates.
Last preparation days were fun. I shifted to Shal’s room during exam time. We used to study till morning five, chat for an hour and sleep, wake up at 12 in afternoon, revise once more and go to college at 1:45 with books in our hand till we enter the exam hall at 2. Three hours of head breaking and then cheers. Let’s take a break.. Let’s party!!! In some exams I wondered if I would be able to clear the paper. Happened mostly for accounts and never mind Shally had the same reaction and Fiona always said “I don’t bother about it, it’s over!”
College was fun. Three years were fun. Graduation day- white saree, long ear rings, eye shadows, long heel sandals, a nice hair cut looking beautiful. I learn to look like a girl finally with so many good memories in my heart.
Third year of my college were awesome, the most memorable moments of my life. My knew paying guest (pg) was just next to my college. So I just had to wake up brush my teeth fit into a jean with a top and go to college. In the end of second year of my college I got to know this great girl Shally and Fiona. They were like my best friends; I had a different set of friends to hang out with. They were localities and it was tremendous fun to be with them. We used to bunk classes and go to watch movies, eat outside.
During the second year I started partying. It was incredible as I had always been a musical person. I loved the hip hop tracks and later my preference of songs changed to house music. Most of the weekend Shally used to plan up for some party, call me up if I wanted to go and I was always geared up to hit the dance floor.. Many times we landed up paying the entry fees and other times we were lucky to get free entry.
The early party days were careless night with no makeup on. Just an ordinary top (not the girlish type), jeans and our ever rocking “All Star” shoes. Shally used to wear cap which gave the impression of being more appealing and striking.
Coming back to class ... but before that let me give you few details. I and Shally were bunking partners. We belonged to same pg but she stayed in first floor and I was put up in second. She used to give me miss calls when she was done dressing and used to wait for me in ground floor. I used to join her and we used to go to college together. Now here it goes >>> we used to bunk income tax which used to be our first class. Fiona and other girls always helped us with proxy. We were blessed adding to that astounded to see that we had the maximum attendance at the end of the semester in income tax. Lols.
I never did my assignment myself. I always lingered for others to finish with it so that I could copy from others. My whole group did the same. No hard word. Habituated relying on the last day to finish up projects and it was fun. Fiona used to always get us updated with what happened in class. She was like an angel. At times she used to get angry cause of our behaviours and daily routine of bunking but after all she was a friend. She conducted herself more like an elder sister than a friend.
I and Shally once got caught in Raghu sir’s class because we were chit chatting scribbling on our note books. It started from the commencement of his class. Not a word taken down on the subject. We were busy chatting and couldn’t stop laughing at the comments and topic we were writing on the notebook. We wrote and laughed at our own crap. Once we were drawing in different end of the same paper and we were shocked to see we drew same stuff. It was a danger sign. Don’t know how at times we tend to think same and do things similar. Raghu sir who never ever laughs at the end of the class asked us on what topic was he teaching. We had no reply. Shamelessly we put our heads down with no regrets in our heart as we still were thinking of the crap we were chatting about. ( I remember I asked her what did she think G means In G spot and she replied to that .. (trying to be funny).. “Gas Spot”) and I laughed to that for half an hour. It used to be comical to see Raghu sir’s smile once in a blue moon. It was like an ice breaker.
I used to read Cosmo Politian magazine in class, time and again read novel covering it with a course book for the fear of not getting caught. I was the last person to find my own calculator in class. My calci used to be in somebody’s hand when I needed it the most. The class was full of borrower and beggars. With the further division in third year our class had less numbers of students around 50 I guess, it was 108 in first year, still we hardly new half of our class mates.
Last preparation days were fun. I shifted to Shal’s room during exam time. We used to study till morning five, chat for an hour and sleep, wake up at 12 in afternoon, revise once more and go to college at 1:45 with books in our hand till we enter the exam hall at 2. Three hours of head breaking and then cheers. Let’s take a break.. Let’s party!!! In some exams I wondered if I would be able to clear the paper. Happened mostly for accounts and never mind Shally had the same reaction and Fiona always said “I don’t bother about it, it’s over!”
College was fun. Three years were fun. Graduation day- white saree, long ear rings, eye shadows, long heel sandals, a nice hair cut looking beautiful. I learn to look like a girl finally with so many good memories in my heart.
3 comments:
u made me nostalgic... i miss those days had so much fun...talking about bullshit.. flirting around bunking fighting getting suspension letters... strikes affairs.. damn i wish i could rewind it all back
hahahha n the G for gas lolzz tht was a gross joke
G-Spot - Griffenberg Spot. I think I got the spelling right. Not sure.
What would sound right to the blog is a background music and that of Ali Haider - Purani Jeans Aur Guitar.
Peace
Nostalgia....
CHeers!
Post a Comment