What is Mrs. Dhanawat up to these days? Well she is still trying to come out of the shock that she is married and has completed six months of togetherness with Mr. Dhanawat. Phew, did I say six months? Damn it feels so old already.
It’s difficult to pass time here in Nepal, as I stay in a small town called Biratnagar. I had made it pretty clear to my husband that I didn’t want to be a home maker and that I would prefer to spend my time working professionally else what’s the point of me being a graduate. Thankfully my in laws are pretty cool with the idea of me working. Besides, we already have a cook so I’m not needed in the kitchen. I thought I should make a better fit of myself.
Trying a new business seems like a great idea but the only thing which comes to mind is “will it survive?” ,considering the purchasing power of people is low and adding to that they have a very weird mentality. It is funny how for a particular goods or services people are ready to go out and spend but if same thing is made available in the city they are not ready to spend even a dime.
Initially I thought about business in imported fruits. Kathmandu is a good supplier of imported fruits and it gets its goods from China, India, and Thailand etc and has a good market as people are ready to buy expensive fruits. Tourists also do not hesitate to buy such products but when it comes to Biratnagar it is a different story. Who will buy such expensive fruits? I don’t think a market of imported fruits would survive here as the number of tourists visiting this town is very low.
I thought about designing wedding cards. Wedding card is a need for every family. Residents of Biratnagar specially go to Kolkata to buy their wedding material which includes card purchase as well. Another spot for such shopping is Siliguri. Why not I design the card and people can buy from me if they are getting similar stuff in similar price range?
What do you think about this idea??
No comments:
Post a Comment